Friday, March 4, 2011

Fairies

1. I've had a chance to reflect on some of the amazing people I've met here in blog world
2. I'm reminded lately about how much great literature we have.
3. My team in NHL 11 is still undefeated

"You see, Wendy, when the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."
                                                                                  -Peter Pan (All children, except one, grow up)

Fairies, or sprites, are mischievous, fun loving, trick playing creatures that find joy in a good laugh.  They are often thought of as aloof and frivolous because, when seen, they are often laughing, and chattering to each other, or playing tricks on some unsuspecting victim.  But, upon closer inspection, we see that they are, in fact, very deep feeling creatures who are in touch with the emotional well being of those around them.  They care about everyone (even when they are pulling that person's hair because they are jealous of them). 


In fact, part of the charge of fairies is to care for one child as he or she grows up.  Of course, there are not enough fairies anymore for each child.  The reason:

"No.  You see, children know such a lot now, they soon don't believe in fairies, and every time a child says, 'I do not believe in ________.' There is a fairy, somewhere, that falls down dead."

Dear friends, let's all look at our lives.  Both when we were young and now that we are old, and we were able to find ourselves a little sprite to care for us.  Let's look seriously at the times when we got hurt, or just needed someone to turn to.  We needed a protector, and so often, one came.  I'm inclined to say that I believe in Sprites, no matter how ordinary they may seem on the outside.  For all I know, simply because they could not bear for children to not believe in them anymore, they have changed shape and size, so that they can continue helping, just as they did when they first 'wen't skipping about.'  Please dear friends, try to find it within yourselves to once again believe.

Have a nice day.

7 comments:

  1. I believe, and Cool Awesome Blog Award!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never hurts to believe! Hopefully, (fingers crossed) there's still some hope out there for the rest of the human population.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me smile, well done. Well done.

    We have met some amazing people in cyberspace, haven't we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I DO believe in Fairies, I DO believe in Fairies!"
    What a lovely post Paul :)

    This is so sweet, I had a great birthday yesterday and then I saw all of your posts and it really ended my day so awesomely.

    I know some wonderful people :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mike
    Thanks much.

    @Robyn
    It realy doesn't hurt one bit. And I think there'll always be hope... at least a little. :)

    @AC
    We really have. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the blogging world has been the nicest I've found on the internet.

    @Sprite
    I'm glad you liked our little surprise. I have to admit that AC was the orchastrator. All of us really do appreciate you so much. I'm glad you had a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paulsifer, a successful inception doesn't work without great team mates.

    ReplyDelete