Friday, December 31, 2010

Brace for the Cliche: Resolutions!

Well, happy New Year to you all.  I know it's the eve, but I don't like separating the two days.

I'm making some resolutions that I think are both attainable and realistic for my future, and because I'm a lazy blogger, I will lay them out now, and hope I get asked about them later to keep my honest.

1.  I'm going to work out.  I'm not saying I'm going to lose a particular amount of poundage, or even get rid of my belly.  I'm just going to work out.  My parents have weights and a tred mill, my classes don't start until eleven in the morning, my mom works out every morning and said I could come work out with her.  I'm going to do it.  Ask me about it occasionally please.

2.  I am going to find an agent.  If any of you know a legit one, let me know.  I've got a children's book written and I'm working on a late teen novel.

3.  I'm going to write this summer.  I already planned on this, and was good about it this last summer,  but I thought I'd throw in a gimme goal.

This is it.  We're partying with my parents tonight.  Steak, fondue, Rock Band, and Madden 11.  Does life get better, I submit that it does not.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're with your family. We will be with family tonight too and then with friends. Very good idea to work out while your wife is pregnant. Lots of guys gain weight during that time. Happy Hogmanay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will defintaly ask you about the agent thing. I have thought about getting some of my writing published as well.
    Hope you had a great New Years :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @dbs
    Yeah, I'm reading a little book called "she's having a baby, and I'm having a melt down." It talks a lot about working out for the reason you talk about here. :)

    @Alittlesprite
    Please do. I have a friend who told me about a friend who has an agent that has little contests and stuff. Do ask though, I need to get on this.

    ReplyDelete