Monday, November 8, 2010

Caution: Illness is depicted in this post in mildly graphic details, reader discression is advised.

My illness from yesterday has carried over to today.  I threw up what I can only guess was phlegm this morning.  It was clear, and consisted mostly of my saliva bubbles.  My body feels achy, I keep sneezing, and I couldn't fall asleep last night. I would guess I got a total of three hours and that's me being generous.  My head is pounding.  I can't sleep now.  And I'm going to miss school.

When I was young my parents were very strict about me not missing school.  There were very few excuses that did not involve my death bed that worked.  That is really all for the best because I have a hard time missing school now, and I think my grades are buoyed because of it.  The only issue it has left me with is that when I really am sick I feel kind of lame staying home.  I told my wife that I didn't want to get the other students sick or my teachers, which is true, but it reminds me of excuses I used in high school. I may not actually get anyone sick, my snot is clear, but I do have a slight fever too, which I thought was another sign of being contagious.  Regardless, I don't think anyone would appreciate my coughing up phlegm in the middle of the lesson.

I don't know; maybe I am being a wuss about all of this.  Maybe I should just deal with the fact that I feel like my brains will push through my skull at any moment, and maybe I should just make sure to have a garbage can handy for when I cough until I puke.  The thing that is really keeping me home is the shivers.  I feel cold, cold enough I shake, and I don't want to face the day's freezing air.

Before I shuffle back down the hall to bed, I should recognize my wife this morning.  She's our bread winner and whenever I'm sick she always wants to stay home and take care of me.  I'm not sure what she would do, which is why I still have her leave me, but it's nice to know that your wife wants to do whatever she can to make you feel better.

Anyway, I'm tired of being sick and would like to get better, so if anyone reading this has any magic potions, throw some my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment