Thursday, February 10, 2011

Aren't Good Repairmen the Best?

Alright, three things:
1. My mom made me breakfast this morning.
2. My first class is cancelled today.
3. I won Lord Stanley's Cup yesterday on NHL 11

Yep, my life is pretty darn good.

I have finally accomplished what I needed to.  I called the heating guys, who will be invading again on Friday.  I called the Auto shop, which will also be taking my car on Friday.  I dropped my computer off to Steve at Integrated Technologies, and I called the Cable Box company about the annoying chirping noise the box has been making (I don't think I've mentioned this).  One way or the other, I feel pretty accomplished.

Among all of these repair men, I've come to be very grateful for having good repair people.  My High School hockey coach works at the Auto Shop that we use, and they've been particularly good to us.  When my old Cadillac started smelling horrible, I took it in and they told me that the catalytic converter was what was toast, but that my tranny, which was worth more than my car, was about to go out, so there was no use  in my paying them $500 to fix my car that would die shortly.  When I asked what I owed them for looking at it, they didn't charge me a thing.

My Heating Guys are PPM, which is a smaller fixing company that seems to stand by the ideas of "good business."  They guy that came (Paul), told me all about the furnace, how it worked, and how they could check what was wrong.  He even brought in another guy with better tools to try and find the problem with our furnace, and said that if the fix didn't work they reimburse me for the parts and labor.

Then comes my computer guy Steve.  He always tells me what will normally happen.  The new issue says something is wrong with a piece of software or hardware, and he told me on the phone to try unplugging my usb mouse and keyboard before bringing it in.  And even now that I did bring it in, he's been very flexible with trying to figure out ways to fix it without charging me an arm and a leg.

These three have made me think about how nice it is to have good, honest repair people.  Granted, as I've said before, they might all be taking me in subtle ways that I just don't understand, but I don't feel like they are, and that's nice.

Anyway, hopefully my computer gets fixed so I can catch up with everyone.  I do want to welcome my new followers.  I promise that I'm not always this sporadic, my computer is just down.  Have a nice day.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some good people looking out for you. That always helps when repairmen are there to look out and help rather than looking out for the quickest buck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels wonderful when you find nice, honest people to work with. I'm glad things are working out for you. I guess good people just attract more good people. It must be a law of nature or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) It would be nice if I could find folks I trust out here for all of my "stuff".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heating Guys, Computer Guys. Is there not Heating Gals, Computer Gals? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. @UG
    I think it's better business. I've told so many people about these repair people and all of them say they will look into using them.

    @Hannah
    Haha, thanks for the subtle compliment. ;)

    @Shelby
    They are hard to find. I've just been lucky lately. I think the trick is to hold tight to the ones you find.

    @Missy
    Because men are pigs and rule the world. ;)

    ReplyDelete