Friday, May 4, 2012

That Prius Must Pay

It was a Tuesday afternoon.  I was alone.  Lost in a sea of hoods and tailpipes on Main Street.  Each driver seemed determined to get in front of another, but was disappointed in the gridlock.  How long had I been driving?  How long would I be on Main?  I tried to look ahead of the wide hipped duely in front of me to figure out how many blocks I had left, but to no avail.  I tried to look for landmarks to help me figure it out, but either I hadn't noticed these shops, or couldn't remember where they were compared to the street I was supposed to turn on.

Why were things so backed up?  What had happened ahead?  Was I driving into a trap?  Would my family ever see me again?  I tried again to look ahead of the duely and was sharply cut off by a Prius.  Damn.  The blue stood against the white of the duely and I only felt more lost with rage.  In this horrible gridlock, how could they be so rude as to cut someone off?  It made my blood boil, and eye twitch.  Surely, the driver of that Prius must pay.

I slowly cam to a stop with my pack of cars and the one awful Prius as we approached a stop light.  Its red lights looked like deamons' eyes, peering down and looking for the next soul to corrupt.  Exhaust from a big red truck a lane over and a few cars up filled the air, and we all felt forced to roll up our windows before being engulfed in its toxic gas.  Surely nothing good could come of this.  My heart was pounding, beads of sweat formed on my brow and I could feel my hands and legs tremble under the pressure of the situation.  I could literally feel my mind lose control of my body when suddenly, the light turned green, all of us went, and I carried on with the rest of my day.

Things can get so intense sometimes. :)

1 comment: