Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Going Away

Well, today's post will be short.  I didn't post yesterday because Baby J wasn't cooperating with my writing for the day, so I spent what little time I had starting a short story that I hope to get published in a literary magazine about a guy who gets buried alive. 

The reason today's will be short is that I'm preparing for, you guessed it (or maybe you didn't), the annual camping trip with my buddies.  I'll be packing and cleaning the house while my mom watched Baby J for the rest of the day.  I'm not too excited about cleaning and packing, but I'm super stoked to go.  This'll be the third year we do it, and every year has been great.  We've cooked out, talked about things we used to do, talked about things we do now, went skeet shooting one year, hiking, and generally acted like guys generally do in the outdoors.  Like last year, and the year before, I do expect to start missing my wife, and now Baby J.  So that'll be tough, but it's only once a year, and it's always so much fun.

Anyway, I'll be off.  Hope all of you have a great day.  I'll see you when I come back to civilization.

5 comments:

  1. Have a great time reconnecting with the simpler things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three words: white water rafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time.. you deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to you all. It was a ton of fun. And dbs, we are actually thinking of doing that next year.

    ReplyDelete