Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Know My Weakness

Everything I hold hear.  That's what they've got in their hands and I'm just the short kid, jumping as high as he can, trying to reach it, but their arms are just a little too long.  It's demeaning is what it is.  I've spent my whole life building my reputation, my wealth... it's difficult to think that someone can just swoop in and take it away like this.  Makes me wonder what's worth it, if anything is worth it.  If they can do this, what stops them from doing something else once their demands are met?  I've tried to think of a way out, I've talked to them, I once even tried to threaten them, but it was no use.  They know my weaknesses.  It's a rigged deck, and they have all the cards.

The saddest part?  It's difficult for me to even say it.  The bullies are my parents.  That's how they know so much, that's where they get their power.  The best part is that they do this and tell me it's for my own good, like I don't know what decisions I want to make.  It's despicable is what it is.  The two people who are genetically designed to love me, and here they are, holding this over me, all so they can impress some friends.  What parents treat their kid this way?  It's criminal, when you think about it.  It's blackmail and theft.  It's wrong.  If they weren't my parents, if I was over eighteen, I could get a lawyer and win with any jury, but as it stands, I'm only sixteen, and I have no money for a lawyer.

I guess I might as well accept my fate.  It will destroy me, but I have no other choice.  I'll be going on  a date with Tara Limb this weekend, the ugliest, smelliest, dumbest girl in school.  Thanks Mom and Dad.  I thought you loved me.




Awwwww, youth.

2 comments:

  1. "You may not see it now, but this will all work out in the end."

    Truth be told, I'm still waiting on one or two of those things that were supposed to be "for my own good" to pan out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too. I have a feeling it was mostly a cop-out for them. "Just say whatever we need to to get him to do what we want."

      Delete