Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I Missed a Week. Surprise. Surprise.

Well, I've been gone a week and feel I need to explain myself... I probably should have got a note from my mother.

My wife is a high school teacher, and last week was her Spring Break.  It was not a Spring Break for me because I am a dedicated author, but she insisted it be a break for me too.  Naturally, I resisted, and she gave an Indian Burn, and I took a break too.

I must say, Indian Burn aside, I really enjoyed the break.  The first couple of days we spent playing Pandemic with my parents and packing to go visit my wife's parents.  It was really a lot of fun.  We planned a bunch of stuff to do, and did pretty much all of it.  We say Mirror Mirror (I do not recommend it), and The Hunger Games (I do recommend it, but only if you're cool with a shot by shot remake - minus some stuff that makes you care about the characters more - of the book).  We also played an incredible amount of games of Pandemic with my wife's mom, her brother, and her brother's friends.  I got some time to play a little Modern Warfare 3 with my buddies, we slept in, went to the pool for me to do some exercises and to test out the new baby life jacket, and the only thing we really missed out on was a picnic, because it snowed, because we live in Utah.  And, to be honest, I was cool with not going on the picnic, only because we did so many other fun things.

Yesterday had more to do with our little girl.  She had a "I can't breathe, because I'm choking" moment Sunday night/Monday morning which scared her and terrified Mom and Dad.  After some reading, we think she was choking on her own spit because she's teething, but whatever the reason, it took a long time to calm her down and I felt a need to sleep in after getting very little sleep that night, and therefore, did not blog.

I know some of you are interested in my personal life, so I should probably say that our baby is kind of crawling now, though she likes to hold on to fingers and walk more.  She's learned how to do the first part of Patty Cake all by herself (the actions I mean, not the singing).  She knows to put her hands up when we ask her how big she is, so that we, in chorus, can say "so big."  She's adorable... but I'm biased.

And that's it.  I promise more exciting fiction (or maybe non-fiction) tomorrow.  Have a great day.

4 comments:

  1. Mom told me this morning of her "so big" trick! I'm jealous and need to see it :) She also told me that she may have said "good dog." Of course, a dog lover, as I said she would be in my blog after she was born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty cute. As all little kid tricks, it's hit and miss, but when it hits she's super cute. And the funny thing we've found about her and dogs, is that she hates all dogs but Conan, Zuka, and Kia. No really sure why.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. She really is, with everything except her marriage choice... :D

      Delete