Monday, April 4, 2011

A Little Yoga Niceness

1.  We had General Conference... in general.  I just love it.
2.  I got a super good parking spot this morning.
3.  I have a wife who let's me know about where I need to improve.  It really is such a blessing.

So, just a quick one today.  We have the Family Home Evening lesson tonight, and in true Paulsifer form, we don't know what it is.  I think I might do it on Elder Scott's address about loving your spouse, and really appreciating them.  It hit me pretty hard.

One nice thing that happened today, happened in Yoga (I imagine some of you were wondering where my yoga posts had gone).  We used a tool (the name of which I cannot remember) that looks like half of a work out ball.  We did a number of poses standing on the ball.  We also did some stuff using the ball as our base instead of the floor.  It was awesome.  And by 'awesome' I mean, super duper hard, and made me sweat within the first five minutes.  It was dripping.  It was awesome.  I almost threw up, because I stayed up too late and ate no breakfast.  That was nice.  But amid the nearly throwing up, and the difficulty of the workout, I found myself smiling.

It was awkward folks.  My balance has never been good.  I cannot tell you how many times I fell off of the ball, but it was a lot.  But, somehow, amid the awkwardness, I started laughing at myself.  I played hockey in high school, when I play pick up basketball I usually play fairly physical defense.  I'm by no means a small guy, and yet, half of a ball was kicking my trash, and I loved it.  I felt my ego slipping away.  I didn't care that I wasn't doing well.  In fact, it felt nice to do something so challenging for me without anyone caring that I sucked at it.

After the class, I became aware that I was grinning like an idiot while walking down the hall. Somehow, letting go of my pride lifted my spirits in a way that's hard to describe.  It felt nice.  I don't know what this has to do with you, it was just something nice that happened to me.

Have a nice day.

6 comments:

  1. Hey you are aloud to feel that every once in a while, reminds us that we are all human.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That my friend is a Bosu ball. I use it in physical therapy - I have to stand on the flat part balancing (the ball on the floor) and do squats with a weight in my hands. Hard core!

    Anyway, I find myself smiling while I'm alone over things all of the time. I'm glad others do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice feeling isn't it?
    BTW I am scared of the fitness ball at the gym, no way I'd go near a half one....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Robyn
    Oh, I totally agree.

    @OT
    See abouve. :P

    @Shelby
    That's right! That's what she called it! And yes, I often smile at myself. :)

    @Sprite
    Oh, they're not all bad. Though they do give a SOLID work out.

    @MM
    It truly is. :)

    ReplyDelete